At Tipp to Tail Pet Resort, our trainers are more than just experts in their field; they are passionate advocates for every pet that walks through our doors. With a diverse range of backgrounds, certifications, and experiences, each trainer brings a unique perspective and approach to the art and science of pet training. But one thing remains consistent: their unwavering commitment to fostering strong, positive relationships between pets and their owners.
Our trainers understand that every pet is unique, with individual needs and quirks. They are dedicated to providing personalized training solutions, ensuring that every pet receives the attention, care, and guidance they deserve. Whether you’re looking to address specific behavioral challenges, refine skills, or simply strengthen the bond with your furry family member, our trainers are here to guide, support, and inspire.
Read on to get to know the dedicated professionals who are at the heart of Tipp to Tail’s training success.
Tara Fisher – RVT, KPA CTP, CPDT KA
- Background: Tara graduated with Honors from Columbus State in 2007 as a Registered Veterinary Technician. She combines medical and behavioral expertise to cater to the unique needs of every animal.
- Philosophy: Helping people help their pets is more than just a passion, it’s my life.
Certifications & Affiliations: Karen Pryor Certified Trainer, Certified Professional Dog Trainer through the Certification Council of Professional Dog Trainers, Registered Veterinary Nurse, Fear Free Certified Professional, KONG Ambassador, AKC Evaluator, CATCH Mentor Trainer.
Continuous Learning: Tara is committed to continuous education, attending annual conferences and seminars. She feels every animal she has trained and worked with over her career have been the best teachers! Including her own dogs, cats, bunny, and horses!
Fun Fact: Tara travels with KONG to various events around the nation. She helps create and present educational content for them. Tara enjoys teaching at schools and organizations within the community and mentors those going into the veterinary or animal training fields. Tara works on, drives, and drag races muscle cars!
Megan Reiser – CPDT KA
- Background: Megan began her journey in the pet care industry at the age of 15, working in various roles from grooming to socializing puppies.
- Philosophy: Megan is driven by her lifelong passion for animals and their behavior.
- Certifications & Affiliations: Certified Professional Dog Trainer recognized by The Certification Council of Professional Dog Trainers, member of the Association of Professional Dog Trainers.
- Continuous Learning: Actively involved in sporting and competition skills with her own dogs.
- Fun Fact: Megan especially enjoys seeing her rescues succeed in obedience clubs.
- Background: Megan holds a Bachelor’s degree in Animal Science from the University of Findlay (2016) and has been a pivotal member of Tipp to Tail for five years, notably as a Daycare Team Leader.
- Philosophy: Megan believes in fostering a mutual understanding and trust between dogs and their owners.
- Certifications & Affiliations: Currently enrolled in the CATCH program for dog training certification.
- Continuous Learning: Megan is dedicated to continuous learning and innovation in daycare operations and dog training.
- Fun Fact: Megan’s furry family includes a Basset Hound, Dachshund, and two cats named Ruby, Huey, Oak, and Cider.
- Background: Kelci’s journey in dog training began in 4-H, training and competing with her dog Spyro. She joined Tipp to Tail in 2018, initially as a Daycare Shift Lead.
- Philosophy: Kelci is passionate about giving dogs a voice and strengthening the bond between dogs and their owners.
- Certifications & Affiliations: Undergoing training through the CATCH program.
- Continuous Learning: Kelci is dedicated to continuous learning in dog training and daycare operations.
- Fun Fact: Kelci’s four-legged family includes two cats, Simba and Juno, and a German Shepherd Dog named Bravo.