Individualized Training for Your Pet’s Unique Needs
Every pet has its own personality, quirks, and behaviors. While many of these behaviors are endearing and harmless, some can pose challenges for pet owners. Whether it’s excessive barking, aggression, or any other behavioral concern, addressing and modifying these behaviors is crucial for the well-being of both the pet and its owner. Moreover, for many pet parents, a significant goal is to help their dog become more comfortable and sociable in group settings, such as our daycare environment.
At Tipp to Tail Pet Resort, our Behavior Modification Services are designed to address these specific challenges. Our expert trainers use evidence-based techniques to understand the root cause of the behavior and develop tailored strategies to modify it. Through positive reinforcement, patience, and consistent training, we aim to transform challenging behaviors into positive habits, ensuring that your pet can enjoy and benefit from social interactions in our daycare and beyond.
Being part of the same pet care campus as Tipp City Veterinary Hospital offers us a unique advantage. Our trainers can actively collaborate with the medical team, ensuring that any underlying issues, whether medical or emotional, are addressed in tandem with behavioral training. This integrated approach also means that, when beneficial, our trainers have access to resources like medications that can assist in certain training scenarios.
Current Behavior Modification-Focused Offerings
Behavior Modification Specialty Course (Group Training)
- Age Group: All ages.
- Course Overview: This is a hybrid course that combines controlled group sessions with private training support, both in and between classes for each owner/pet team. This expedites and enhances the learning and rehabilitation process. This course is specifically designed for dogs who have emotional dysregulation stemming from fear, excitement, or aggression that tips into reactivity and/or resource guarding. This presents as barking, lunging, or biting towards triggers (i.e. people, animals, food, toys, objects, access to spaces, etc.) in their environment, on a leash, behind a fence, or when people enter your home or property.
- Duration: Weekly 75-minute group sessions over 7 weeks
- Class Size: 4 pets
- Cost: $495 (please note: registrations are final and non-refundable)
- Facilitated By: Tara Fisher
Registration Tips: Once you open the scheduling interface, if you don’t immediately see class availability, please use the blue directional arrows to the left and right to view additional options. If you don’t see availability on the dates you prefer, please join the waiting list by clicking on “Join Wait List” button.
Group Play Behavior Modification (Individual Training)
- Age Group: All ages.
- Course Overview: Tailored for dogs that need behavior modification in group settings. Demonstrations are provided at pick-up, or homework is sent home weekly.
- Duration: 3 training sessions throughout the day, including supervised group playtime with a trainer.
- Class Size: Pet only
- Cost: $75 (please note: registrations are final and non-refundable)
- Facilitated By: Megan Reiser, Kelci Cooper, or Megan Schmitt
Why Choose Behavior Modification Services?
- Tailored Approach: Every pet is unique, and so is our approach. We develop individualized training plans based on the specific needs and challenges of each pet.
- Expert Guidance: Our trainers are certified professionals with extensive experience in behavior modification techniques.
- Positive Reinforcement: We believe in building trust and understanding through positive reinforcement, ensuring that your pet learns in a loving and supportive environment.
- Lasting Results: Our goal is not just to address the behavior but to ensure that the change is lasting, providing pets and their owners with a harmonious relationship for years to come.
Join Us on a Transformative Journey
At Tipp to Tail Pet Resort, we’re not just training pets; we’re transforming lives. With the added advantage of our close collaboration with Tipp City Veterinary Hospital, we offer a holistic approach to behavior modification. If you’re ready to embark on a rewarding journey of understanding, trust, and mutual respect with your pet, we’re here to guide you every step of the way. Contact us today at 937-506-7610 to learn more and embark on a transformative journey with your pet.